Fuel your body with healthy energy gained from MaxLiving Chocolate Grass-fed Whey Protein, dates, low-sugar berries, and chia seeds. This easy-to-make, homemade energy bar is great for breakfast, before or after a workout, or an on-the-go snack. Finally, great-tasting, healthy fuel and protein for your body.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked in filtered water overnight
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 scoop MaxLiving Chocolate Grass Fed Whey Protein or 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 7-8 dates, soaked for at least 30 minutes, and pitted
Optional Add Ins:
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup dried, unsweetened blueberries
- ¼ cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- Soaked walnuts
- Chia seeds
- Using a food processor, mix almonds until it reaches a mealy texture.
- Add all other ingredients except the dates and mix well.
- While the motor is running, drop in one date at a time until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- You may have to scrape the sides and move the mixture around a bit to be sure the dates get incorporated.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter over a damp paper towel (to keep it from moving around on you).
- Put the mixture on the parchment and press into a square or rectangle with your fingers into an even layer about ¼” thick.
- You can also cover with another piece of parchment and use a rolling pin.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares and store in a parchment lined/layered container.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.